Budget Irish Whiskey

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by FolkArtist, Apr 6, 2017.

1. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

My two favorite Irish Whiskies, that have a very nice price on them are Jameson and Bushmills,and both are around 20 dollars. Jameson has a nice clean taste to it with some woody flavors to it ,while Bushmills has a touch of honey- taste and its a bit smoother as well.

I was wondering what other great tasting Irish Whiskeys,you could recommend for around 20 to 25 dollars,and also what aromas and tastes come to mind?

#1 FolkArtist, Apr 6, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
  2. ptahm22

ptahm22 New Member

My favourite is Paddy Irish Whisky which costs about $22. Nothing subtle or complex here — toffee, vanilla, oak, and pepper are the stronger cards in this blended whiskey.

FolkArtist likes this.
  3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

I am not too familiar, but something tells me that it is at least better than budget American whiskey. At least there would be some culture to it.

FolkArtist likes this.
  4. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

How about Tullamore Dew,has anybody ever had this whiskey,and I like the name a lot. This whiskey is the number-two best selling irish whiskey they say,so it must be pretty good. Its triple distilled and has a toasty favor,also it has a slight sweetness that makes it easy to drink as well,with a average price of 23 dollars.