Jim Beam Ghost

Discussion in 'Whisky Forum' started by Lynk, Dec 10, 2015.

1. Lynk

Lynk New Member

Have you guys tried this new white whisky Jim Beam Ghost yet? I was really skeptical about it when I saw it behind the bar but I had to try it. The bartender said it was best in an Old Fashioned, so I asked for that and it was absolutely amazing! It had a great traditional whisky taste without the strong bite of a dark whisky.

Anyone tried it? Know any other good cocktails or uses for it?

2. kgord

kgord Active Member

I never heard of this. I haven't had an Old Fashioned for so long. I think the next time I go to a bar I am going to have one. It is a really tasty drink for sure. I will check on the Jim Beam Ghost.

3. Sue

Sue Active Member

I have never heard of it either. My daughter is a bartender so I am going to ask her if her bar sells it. I am interested in giving it a try.

4. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

First time I heard of it, but the name sounds pretty intriguing! I would love to try it out, why not. :D

5. Drukenduty

Drukenduty New Member

[​IMG]

It's white whisky... Didn't even know this was a thing.
    According to Jim Beam's website, white whisky was the first kind they ever produced.
    Seems like they just recently brought this recipe back.
    They claim that it's lighter than normal whisky, with "a sweet flavor and hints of vanilla".

By the way, Jim Beam's website has lot's of killer whisky recipes!

6. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

I never heard of white whiskey before and find this whiskey is not aged in barrels like other whiskey -so thats what gives it the color and flavor. I think Jim Bean may add some other favors to this stuff though,and the white whiskey seems to be a way of competing with the trendy craft brewers as well. I guess one reason they do this is to get people to try some new clear liquors since they dominate liquor sales-like vodka and gin.

#6 FolkArtist, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
  7. pwarbi

pwarbi Member

I've heard of Jim Beam ghost before, even though I've never tried it yet. While I know that a lot of people love the Jim Beam brand, personally what I've tried in the past I've never really been a big fan of.

I will try it, but I'm not too optimistic if I'll enjoy the experience!

8. jakub1

jakub1 Member

I have tried it a few times and i kind of like it, it's a bit similar to the regular one.

9. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well I cannot blame you for being skeptical, just because it seems like a reach from a well known brand. I guess everything is worth a chance given their reputation.

10. xyrene

xyrene Member

Well I also have never tried it, but I intend to do so once I feel the need to try a new brand of whisky.