Biggest Drinking "mistake"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lexinonomous, May 31, 2016.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Active Member

While I would hope that majority of us drink responsibly, I am sure that many of us have a few drinking stories under our belt. When under the influence, you are more likely to make mistakes. Mistakes happen and some of them could be fairly pricey in the morning. Some mistakes will land you in jail. Alcohol can alter our mind to a state that we would never be in while sober. We can make terrible decisions while under the influence.

What is the biggest drinking mistake you've made?
    Have a funny story to tell?
    Did your story end in disaster?

2. FuZyOn

FuZyOn Active Member

Fortunately I haven't ended up in jail for doing stupid stuff yet, but I did lose a lot of my belongings while drunk. I lost my wallet 2 times, glasses, a bag full of college books back in the day and the list goes on and on. I guess you could say I wasn't the most careful young adult.

3. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

I've never gotten in trouble with the law whilst drinking. I have said things that I shouldn't have and worried a spouse a few times when I had too much though. Alcohol enhances life if done right, but it can make it a nightmare if done wrong. As with all things, moderation and knowing yourself is the best bet.

kgord likes this.
  4. kgord

kgord Active Member

I guess the biggest "mistake" I ever have had was simply over indulging. I hate the whole room spinning phenonmenon that comes about from drinking too much. Also, one time I threw up from over drinking. I am a pretty moderate drinker..and don't take to the point where I have those kind of symptoms anymore. I can't stand them.

lexinonomous likes this.
  5. lexinonomous

I love when people can openly admit that they are okay with not getting obliterated. Some people can't help but take their drinking too far, every single time. It's nice to see that someone is a moderate drinker and doesn't take it to a point where they become ill or make stupid decisions. I'm pretty similar to you when I drink. I hate the feeling of drunkeness and tend to stop once I start to feel it creeping up.

6. Daddy-O

Daddy-O Active Member

Agreed. Maybe I'm getting older, but getting blitzed is no longer a huge draw anymore. Sure, a nice buzz is a thing of beauty, but "stumbling/vomiting/regretting drunk" is just not fun nor wise.

lexinonomous likes this.
  7. SirJoe

SirJoe Active Member

I think that everyone has over indulged before and there are people that don't mind the side effects from it. I personally just like to feel comfortable and avoid getting to the point were I can't think clearly. There are a lot of people out there that think that if you drink you have to get drunk. I prefer not too and like to drink for the enjoyment of it, not for the regret the next day.

8. artyarson

artyarson Member

It's probably not watching the strength of a drink you're about to pour inside. I mean, starting with something very strong and then drinking something that's considerably weaker. As a result, you may end up puking while being very dizzy as well.

So, be careful!

9. lexinonomous

Getting drunk was never my thing. I never had the chance to enjoy being drunk because I've always been the designated driver. After seeing all of the terrible things people do while intoxicated, I have little to no interest. Every once in a while I will have more than one drink, but I never make being drunk the goal. I don't know how people continuously make the mistake of getting black out drunk, complain about it, and then do it in a few days.

10. overcast

overcast Member

I'd say being single and with less social contacts. I have found myself in depression. And I drink a lot during that time. And there was nobody to let me leave for home. So it can be really hard if you make such mistakes.