Where Do You Rank Jim Beam?

Discussion in 'Bourbon Forum' started by Drukenduty, Jan 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lisa Jo

Lisa Jo Member

Any brand that can withstand that much time has to be around for a reason. Jim Beam is a good example of this. I'm not a Bourbon girl usually, but when I do partake, I go for Jim. Again, like most people said, it is the best bang for your Bourbon buck. I used to have a highly public affair with Jack Daniels. However, we parted ways after the millennial New Year when he almost got me left in Canada. We haven't spoken since.

2. justintheruffian

As far as fairly cheap bourbon goes, Jim Beam is pretty solid. It's been around for centuries if that's any indication. It's not as good as top shelf stuff, but it doesn't have any right to be considering the price.

3. AngelaMc

AngelaMc Member

Hello Drunkenduty, this is a great choice to treat yourself to. Jim Beam is by far my favorite, and let me tell you, it's a fantastic Smooth Bourbon at a low cost. The reviews you read that stated its highly ranked are true.

It's great straight up, mixed with some Coca-Cola or you can even put a shot or two in your coffee on a cold night. Like the bottle states it is "It is the worlds finest Bourbon.

4. rz3300

rz3300 Member

It is certainly up there for me. I am really not the biggest whiskey drinker though, in that I mean I do not buy the various brands, but I do love the taste and I always welcome some Jim.

AngelaMc likes this.
  5. FolkArtist

FolkArtist Member

jim-beam-black-label.jpg I am not sure I have ever had Jim Beam-but the one you see pictured(Jim Beam White Label in your post) is the cheapest one they make I think-but also they make one called Devil's Cut-but I would try the Jim Beam Black Label because it runs like 20 dollars maybe and its cheaper than the Devil's Cut. Its older than the other two-so I would try that one.

#25 FolkArtist, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  6. Shine_Spirit

Shine_Spirit Active Member

Jim Beam is very good and is always a good choice for great times. :) I think it's impossible to make a mistake by choosing it (using the common sense of the occasions, of course :D).

7. rz3300

rz3300 Member

The more and more that I think about it, the more I rank it higher and higher. When you get down to it, it is one of the better tasting ones and really not all that expensive.

8. xyrene

xyrene Member

It's the middle-range beer for the masses, so I think you can't go wrong with Jim Beam, especially when you're not willing to spend money on the more expnsive brands like Jack Daniels.

9. Zero

Zero Member

I'm quite indifferent about it, but overall i feel that it's in the middle in terms of quality and taste, i would say it's relatively close to Jjack Daniel's.